Have you any idea about the best budget mountain bikes? If your answer is no, don't worry we are here to serve all about the best mountain bikes. Sometime tractions make something extraordinary, on the other hand, importance makes objects precious. It’s not inevitable; it has to be a worthy gem or an ancient item for being precious. It depends on you, on your choice and one’s point of view.
As we know, biking in the mountain trails isn’t so easy. Bikers have to face lots of challenges including dangerous injury probabilities along the dirt terrains. The injuries caused by mountain biking due to lack of driving skill outside like this trail. So, before biking in the rough trails of the mountain, you should ensure that everything is just perfect.
What Features Should Be Considered While Purchasing a Mountain Bike
The mountain bikes are these types of precious thing to all mountain bike lovers. The mountain bike is specially designed for off-road riding and it’s quite a difference from all other bikes. It is specially featured for enhancing the compatibility and performance which allow the bikers to climb up the mountain, break all the records and make own mark. Actually, this is not only a review article; it’s all about mountain bikes.
Do you have the fascinations with adventure? Have you the dream to do something outstanding that raises the viewer’s heartbeat, then biking in the mountain trackway could be perfect adventuresome exploration. Mountain biking is more than a sport or a hobby, it’s a passion.
It divulges the unseen world and unleashes the door of nature. Mountain bikers have found the way of life in these rough terrains, they know the exact definition of adventure with full of satisfaction. It exhorts them to go ahead and washed-up the failure with honor.
We hope to give you a preview of what could be the best bike and configure it for you. If you are thinking of investing in a new mountain bike, you must first consider some key points; we will describe these points respectively. If you will search in the market, you see there are actually three types of mountain bikes actually:
- Rigid Mountain Bikes (without suspension)
- Hardtail Mountain Bikes (with a suspension on the rear fork)
- Full Suspension or Dual Suspension Mountain Bikes (suspensions in front and rear shock absorbers)
Budget is the main killer that you should keep it in your mind before buying a mountain bike. A good budget may be assisted to pick the best one: a good budget doesn’t mean that it should be expensive but it has to be standard. There are no ranges in pricing but you need around $300-$700 minimum.
Materials should be sturdy, durable and lightweight. Mountain bike frame is the most dignified part and it has to face all kinds of challenges to stand the bike properly. Nowadays, there we can see different kinds of sturdy metals are using in this purpose. Aluminum alloy is the most popular and demanding for its lightweight and durable properties. Other materials like titanium, stainless steel, and carbon fiber are also highly recommendable.
MTB Wheel Sizes
There are some options in this section; it depends on your comfort. The options you have to go through while considering the size of your mountain bikes including 29 inches, 27 inches, and the standard 26 inches. It is extremely important to know and understand the advantages and disadvantages of each of these sizes thus you can enhance your riding experience. These choices can be confusing, but our guide allows you to better understand each wheel size, which will certainly help you make a more informed decision about your mountain bike purchase.
The 29er wheels are generally larger and heavier than other mountain bike wheel sizes. This wheel size is basically the one that forced the 26-inch wheel sizes to lose their popularity. 26-inch wheels are popular for their lightweight and great efficiency. Adult mountain bikes are equipped with 26-inch wheels for getting the smoother ride. 27.5-inch comes with more maneuverable facility than 29-inch and now 27.5-inch wheels are highly noticeable on both full suspension and hardtail bikes.
Gear shifting one of the recognizable things that you need to do with passion for making your ride rememberable. Mountain bikes come with everything from single speed to more than 30-speed gears. Here's what you need to know, we understand: If you're new to mountain biking then the concept of shifting gear can be very confusing. Literally, your ride will not easy and smooth if you underestimate the importance of shifting gear. Bikes have a speed that allows you to pedal comfortably on any terrain, making your outings easier and more fun.
Hard and fast braking system of your mountain bike makes a perfect sense while you need a great controlling power. The bike brake reduces the speed of a bike or prevents it from unnecessary moving. Various types of brakes have been used throughout history and many are still used today. The three main types are rim brakes, disc brakes, and drum brakes.
Considerations Before Starting Your Ride:
- Be prepared: physically and mentally.
- Keep proper concepts about your destination; do some research on it.
- Before starting your packing make a short list of your necessary goods according to the weather and maintain the list during bag packing.
- Make sure your bike is fully fit and check the brakes once again.
- If possible install the bike phone mount; it helps you to navigate.
- Don’t forget about the first-aid kit, patch kit, and lubricant.
- It’s mandatory to save the skin, so keep lip balm and suns cream in your bag.
- Safety comes first: ensure your basic safety like the helmet; safety knee, elbow, wrist pads; and other safety things according to you.
Review of the Best Budget Mountain Bikes
Below is our complete review of this year's best budget mountain bikes.
Mongoose Dolomite Mountain Bicycle
Mangoose has fame in the bicycle world for its unique designs and durable components. This fat mountain bike is perfect for your mountain adventure in any season. Fat bikes are especially known for their functional accessibilities with better efficiency. While you have to ride bikes on snow, mud, sand, rock or other kinds of rough terrains, you have nothing to worry about if you are riding a fat bike.
While we are talking about fat-mountain bike then it is more than impressive, if you never ride the fat mountain bike you can’t understand. This dolomite fat mountain bike with the 26-inch wheel and 18-inch frame perform like a monster. The better braking system, easy gear shifting make this mountain bike extremely compatible. Lightweight materials and smart design make this bike durable.
Features We Like Most:
- Superbly strong steel 18-inch cruiser style mountain bike frame with 4-inch fat tires
- Beautifully designed and featured at an affordable price
- Three piece crank with cruiser pedals
- The disk braking system: front and rear brakes work damn good
- 7 speed Shimano rear derailleur with twist gear shifter: easy gear shifting makes the ride comfortable
- Adjustable headset increases the controlling capabilities
- Lightweight alloy rims
- No need to be worried about your height, it is compatible
If you are MTB lover then you know having the best mountain bike is just greater than all the things you have. Becoming the owner of a good mountain bike isn’t too easy; you need to have proper ideas about every single part of it. Schwinn Protocol 1.0 Mountain Bike is one of those mountain bikes which are the best in every category indeed. This dual suspension mountain bike provides excellent performance with the best functional accessibility.
The super sturdy aluminum frame has increased durability and makes this MTB more reliable. Designing an outlook with shiny colors makes this bike attractive. Handy trigger shifter and the Shimano rear derailleur provide the wide gear with smooth shifting compatibilities. There are two different types of braking system for front and rear brake controlling panel.
The dual suspension enhances the controlling power and provides a smooth ride. This Schwinn Protocol 1.0 Men’s Mountain Bike has all the outstanding features. If you are looking for an outdoor monster which will unlock your potential and works like a bridge between and the mountain then this dual suspension MTB is made for you.
Features We Like Most:
- Strong aluminum mountain bike frame with front suspension fork
- Great in quality and design and comes with an affordable price
- Lightweight, reliable, durable
- Shimano EZ-fire trigger shifter with rear derailleur provides incredible gearing
- Two different types of braking system: disk brake in front and V-brake in rear
- Massive strong alloy rims
- Easily adjustable and no harassing in assemble
Best for the Money:
Kent Dual Suspension Mountain Bike
Simple design with strong structure makes a bike extraordinary. Whether you are searching for a dual suspension mountain bike which is simple in design and best in mechanical efficiency then this bike could be the right choice for you. The great construction means great service without the doubt. This dual suspension mountain bike offers the smoother ride with great controlling capabilities which add an extra excitement and upholds your riding experiment.
The 21 gear shifters offer to ride variations and help to navigate. This bike also can use as a daily commuter like the road bike or town bike on the contrary in the mountain terrains the performance of this MTB surprisingly well according to all other expensive mountain bikes. Best mechanical efficiency with lots of upgraded features boost your enthusiasm for a remarkable milestone.
Features We Like Most:
- Simple design with sturdy structure
- Lightweight and least expensive
- Dual aluminum suspension
- Shimano 21-speed gear shifters
- Different types of braking system: disc in front and pull brake in the rear
- Aluminum alloy wheel rims
- Highly adjustable seat post clamp
- Easy maintenance and assemble
Ideal mountain bikes always work as a booster on your adventurous mountain climbing. Great features, smooth riding ability, and easy navigation make mountain bike more effective and conductive. Merax Finiss Mountain Bike is an ideal bike with lots of ideal functional features. Sturdy creative construction with lightweight magnesium alloy and heat treated aluminum mountain bike frame make this bike reliable and durable. Aluminum suspension fork provides a smooth and enjoyable ride.
Better controlling ability with great braking system ensure the better ride and safety. Shimano derailleurs (rear: Shimano RD-TZ50 and front: Shimano FD-TZ30) and the easy gearing shifters (Shimano EF51 21 speed) have included also and bikers can easily change the gear according to the trails.
While you are riding a mountain bike you have to spend a couple of hours on the bike and if the bike seat isn’t suitable then it will be very painful; in this matter, Merax offers you an ideal aluminum seat post with 31.8 mm clamp for a comfortable ride and the bike pedals are aluminum 9/16’’.
Features We Like Most:
- Strong and lightweight
- Brilliantly constructed and smartly designed
- Well featured and affordable
- Magnesium alloy wheel
- MTB suspension fork
- Shimano EF51 21 speed derailleurs with gear shifters
- Great mechanical braking disc system: disc brake for front and rear
- The bike comes with quick release pins for assembling
- Bike pedals are marked as L or R (Left or right) and it helps to assemble
GMC is a well-known manufacturer company who is known for its outstanding outdoors creativities. Beautiful designs with great features introduce a bike as a perfect choice. This GMC bike has been built to be reliable and durable. The 21-speed full suspension mountain bike is really comfortable for a smooth and safe ride. Moreover, its 26-inch full suspension mountain bike frame offers an additional cushioning while you are riding in those rough terrains.
GMC has been added especial unique floating suspension with a Zoom suspension fork which ensures that riders are able to get the best suspension for this bike. The suspension absorbs the extra shocks so that riding can be smoother. GMC mountain bike offers the aluminum wheel-set which is generally high flange alloy hubs with a v shape rim for making the ride stable and comfortable. Fast and easy integrated gearing shifters have used in this bike for instant stopping or controlling the speeds.
Features We Like Most:
- Sufficiently constructed and highly decent for mountain biking
- Low in cost and well featured within this price range
- Dual suspension and sturdy aluminum frame increases the longevity
- Great Promax disk braking system: front and rear brakes
- Deep V inner-tube
- Easy micro push shifters: Shimano TZ-30GS
- Simple assembling procedure
- Highly adjustable bike seat, pedals, bike handle etc
User Buying Guide: Budget Mountain Bikes
As you can see, all the mountain bikes that we have mentioned above are surely suitable for you within this budget. Actually, full suspension mountain bikes with essential features are highly expensive. We had to do research on several marketplaces with user experiences after that we have made this list which is reasonable in price and great in features. It’s hard to find the exact information from online, several websites are describing to prove to them that their product is the best. We believe in quality at an accessible price which can be suitable for everyone and form this purpose we can say these are the least expensive mountain bikes.
Whether you are a beginner in the world of mountain biking or an experienced trail shredder, a semi-rigid bike is one of the pillars of the arsenal of all mountain bike lovers. A rigid mountain bike is exactly that, hardtail. Unlike large downhill bikes with extremely loose geometry and full front and rear suspensions, a hardtail has a fixed rear end and only has a shock absorbing front forks.
A hardtail is a mountain bike that comes with only a fork suspension and these mountain bikes are perfect for cruising the tracks, bike paths, bridle paths, and single tracks. They have the stability and efficiency of a rigid bike, but with the added comfort of front suspension forks, which allow you to enjoy a more rugged terrain. A full suspension bike is a mountain bike with the suspension at the front and rear. This makes the bike smoother on rougher surfaces terrains.
Are you thinking of buying a mountain bike for the upcoming weekend or vacations? With all the different types of mountain bikes and equipment on the market, this can be very confusing for a new buyer. If you have never bought a mountain bike before, the number of options in terms of frames, suspensions, gear ratio, brakes and sizes of wheels can be very intimidating and making cycling easier seems to be a very complex process.
After purchasing the best mountain bike it’s become the important fact that how you will treat this bike for getting great performance. Yes, it depends on maintenance; some people haven’t enough times for maintenance but it’s important and you cannot deny it. Purchasing the best bike isn’t everything, maintenance is more important. Whether you want the best service from your mountain bike you have to spend some-time for maintenance.
You may make a schedule for maintenance for your bike as a weekly basis. If you want you can follow the tips:
- Cleaning is an important part of maintenance. Use water and you can use a sponge as a cleaner with soap or bath wash or a small towel and even a toothbrush for cleaning the germs.
- Don’t forget about the brakes, it gives the controlling ability over the bike. Check the brakes and if you will found something abnormal then fix this.
- Use lubricants, for making a ride safe and smooth. Biking without unbearable noise during the ride it’s essential to lube your bike regularly.
- Inspect your bike’s wheels and rims often, check the positions of rims and sure that brakes aren’t rubbing against the wheels.
- Check the tires carefully. Mountain bike tires have to go through the variety of unlikely surfaces like rocks, mud, roots and other rough trails. So it’s very simple and logical that the tires must be affected if it is then replacing tires immediately otherwise it will be worthless.
- The cables of the shifters have to be perfectly connected to the shifters and brakes on the handlebars. Check the connections and assure that it’s okay.
- The derivation which includes the pedals, chain, chainring, derailleur and rear wheel cassette should be inspected regularly.
We have listed these best budget mountain bikes according to their features, prices, and materials which can extend the durability as well as longevity of the bike. If you have already read this article then you have the perfect ideas now and you must inspect these tips while purchasing.
You also can read: