Kids love to ride the bike with their parents, it’s a method of learning and teaching bicycling. If you are regular biker your kids are dreaming to be like you; after all, the family is the first school and parents act like teachers. Cycling is fast and fun and gives people freedom and independence to go anywhere they want. So, for their future concern, they need to learn cycling. Parents should start bike riding with babies at their early age thus they have some happy childhood memories with bicycling. Photo credit goes to Freddy from Portland, Oregon
Therefore, parents should not have to wait for a certain age of their kids like 4, 6 or more, they can start riding with kids earlier and definitely that’s the high time. There are thousands of statistics that you can see online on behalf of biking with kids as well as against. It is essential to concern about the safety of kids but that doesn’t mean keep them away from those happy moments. You just need some safety preparations for cycling you’re your babies.
Does Riding Bike with Babies Safe?
It’s the first and most common question of parents before starting the cycling with babies. Well, the answer to this question may be a little messy; No one can answer this question, in short, it’s impossible. Mainly, it depends on you like what types of safety preparations have taken and you have to ensure their highest protection. Regardless of what you can do for ensuring their safety thus they can feel safe and enjoy the ride with comfort.
Naturally, babies are fast and restless, they always do what they wish to, and nothing can stop them. If you are biking with a kid by sitting him/her on the back carrier without any safety guard then it could be chance of falling (doesn’t matter what’s the age) and can happen something injurious also.
Falling from the cycle always makes them skittish and anxious as a result they won’t trust you again. And cycling can be a terrible experience for them. Finally, they can give up becoming a great cyclist. So, it’s too important to ascertain adequate arrangements. Try to catch their attention and make sure their proper protection then they will make you proud.
What Preparation You Should Take Before Starting Cycling with Your Kids?
Your preparations or arrangements should be according to your kid’s age. You cannot think the same for all of them; age has an impact on their height, weight, thoughts as well as behaviors. Different age’s kids need different bits of help, here we have figured out the solution, let’s have a look.
Biking with a baby less than 12 months (who cannot sit upright yet)
Bicycling with your newborn baby has to be safer and comfortable. They cannot sit upright so, first of all, you need a baby stroller for your newborn baby. Newborn babies are physically very sensitive, extra vibration during cycling can be harmful to them. Baby stroller for bikes is specially designed and featured for newborn babies. A baby stroller has all those facilities which provide the required safety and happiness for your baby.
Their physical stability is really delicate, much bigger head according to the body and their muscles aren’t strong enough to upright any things of his body parts. So that parents should take the right steps before taking their babies biking with them and invest in the best trailer or baby stroller with a better suspension system.
There are some important things that you should not do with your newborn babies while cycling or traveling with them, let’s see
- Purchasing something for the newborn (like a baby stroller) must be the best, never think about cheap products. Cheaper means cheaters, that’s another thing if you get something better at an inexpensive price.
- Don’t take your baby without a car seat; install a car seat as soon as possible. It will very helpful when you will go for a long journey.
- Never try to put a helmet on him/her. Though helmet ensures the safety it could be harmful to them. Helmets are heavy and sometimes could be sharp so stop doing this.
- Try to avoid highly populated areas during travel.
- Always attempt to find out the smooth and safe road for biking or driving.
- Never forget checking the baby after keeping his/her in the stroller, make sure he/she is dry and fit.
- Don’t leave his/her necessary things like milk, napkins, water, dolls etc. Always pack their things first.
Here some example of the good baby stroller or rear trailer with a better suspension system:
Thes types of baby strollers and rear trailers are specially made for newborn babies. Baby trailers are features prominently for assuring their highest safety during biking with their parents. These strollers are highly capable of absorbing the upcoming vibrations and shocks. The materials should be convenient better with safety flags but some materials could be harmful to babies health.
Most of the baby strollers come with 16-inches wheels with pneumatic tires which provides great inflation and assuring a smooth ride. Baby trailers have to be weather resistant and properly ventilated for being a comfort while outside.
The safety straps should be smooth and strong, it ensures the protection. Before putting the baby on the stroller check all the thing is okay or not, otherwise, it will be uncomfortable for the baby. Foldability is an essential part of these types of bicycle trailers.
#1. Instep Take 2 Kids Bicycle Rear Trailer
- Universal bike trailer, easily fits most bicycles
- Extremely sturdy materials with safety flag
- Weather shield protection system
- Compatible for two riders with rear vent window for air circulation
- 16-inch wheels with pneumatic tires
- Easily foldable and storable in car closet
- Multi-color option
#2. InStep Sync Single Rear Bicycle Trailer
- Outstanding design with sturdy materials
- 16-inch Wheels, pneumatic tires with molded rims
- Quick release ability and easy folding compatibility
- This compact bicycle trailer fits almost all bikes
- This bicycle trailer includes a couple or hitch for easy attaching and detaching
- Weather shield protection with bug screen
- Great air ventilation facilities with internal hardness
- Color choosing option, comes with different colors
#3. InStep Quick Release N EZ Double Bicycle Trailer
- Universal stroller kit which make this more convenient for jogging and walking with baby
- Superb strong folding frame with quick release compatibility
- Easy attaching ability make this bicycle trailer handier
- Compact, versatile and lightweight
- One-time installation required
- Bug screen with weather shield protection
- Premium quality materials
- 16-inch wheels with molded rims
- Attractive colors available
#4. Allen Sports Bicycle Child Trailer
- Sturdy construction materials with steel wheels
- Lightweight, reliable and durable
- Great safety options with comfort
- Compatible for two children transportation
- Convenient cabin air ventilation and rear storage pockets
- 16-inch inflated tires with safety harness
- Awesome folding design with including safety flag
- Easy attaching bike hitch and storing capability
- Offers different colors
- Lifetime warranted with better service
#5. Schwinn Trailblazer Single Bicycle trailer
- Unique folding frame design with quick release capability
- Universal bike trailer fits almost every bike
- Versatile and one-time installation only
- Easily foldable and compact storable
- Two-in-one canopy with weather shield protection
- 16-inch inflated molded tires for a smooth ride
- Lightweight, internally hardy and durable
Biking with baby more than 12 months (who can sit upright)
If your babies can sit upright, cycling will be the most adventurous to them. Every moment can be enjoyable to them like passing through a dog, tree and other vehicles. Your baby can sit in front or back carrier of your cycle. When you ride bikes with babies you have to take some extra care for the safety.
If you want to sit your baby on the front of your bike then you must need a front baby bike carrier with special features and protection. On the other hand, if you wish to sit your kid on the back carrier then you also need a suitable child rear bike seat.
What should you do for ensuring the safe bike riding with babies?
- First of all, make sure your baby is comfortable and not afraid of the ride.
- If your baby sit upright on the rear bike seat ensure his/her legs on the safe position in child bike trailer
- Put on the safety belt and tell him/her where to hold you from back while riding the bike.
- A helmet is must; make sure the kid put on the helmet for head safety.
- If you wish to sit your baby in front of you installs a front mounted bike seat for your baby.
- These mounted bike seats are easily adjustable and keep your kid safe and make his/her ride comfortable.
Here are some recommendations
These types of bike for those kids who can sit upright and feel the ride funny. There are several types of baby seats like front seat which attach with the bike frame, the rear bike baby seat which is mounted on the carrier of the bicycle etc.
Baby seats for biking with your babies come with a lot of features. Durable, lightweight materials are more acceptable for their longevity. Front safety straps prevent the accidental fall from the bikes, and it also creates a positive thought in baby’s mind that he has a proper guard.
They belives in reliability, so try to be reliable. Rear baby bike seats are easily mountable on the carrier, some of them can be installable with a carrier, that’s an effective side.
Many baby child seats can be attachable both in front and back of the bicycle as well. Shock absorbing suspension make their ride funny and enjoyable by reducing unwanted vibrations.
#1. CyclingDeal Bicycle Kids Child Front Baby Seat
- Least expensive, lightweight and high-quality materials
- Comfortable seat with front safety straps ensure the unfortunate falling
- Massive strong construction materials make it hardy internally
- Standard certificate form USA safety organization that makes this more reliable
- Super adjustability with better shock absorbing suspension
- Universal compatibility with all types of the bike frame
- Quick release bracket to mount and dismount from bike within a second
- Suitable for kids from 9 months to 3 years
- Snug fittings for single suspension bike with standard diameter bike frame
- Easy to mount and dismount and has great carrying capability
#2. TYKE TOTER – Front Mounted Child Bicycle Seat
- This front mounted child bicycle seat puts the child upright during cycling
- Durable manufacturing elements with compact usability
- Great shock absorbing suspension for a comfortable ride
- Ensure the maximum security of your baby
- Simple installation with quick removal facility
- Universally attachable with every bike’s seat post
- Long-lasting materials
- Smooth seat with handy handlebar
- Easy mounted compatibility and storing advantage
#3. Hamax Caress Child Bike Seat with Ultra-Shock Absorbing Frame
- Smart design and lightweight recyclable materials
- Ultra shock absorbing suspension for protecting your baby while biking rough terrain
- Great security system ensures baby safety by keeping your child comply while napping with 20-degree sleep recline
- Easy to mount and detach with universal compatibility, fits almost most bike styles
- Adjustable according to your kid’s age, suitable for kids from 9 months to 6 years old
- Regarded as a highly safe during riding a bike with the baby
- Can be mounted on the front frame and back with or without a carrier
- Non-sleep shoulder straps with anti-theft protection
4. Bellelli Pepe Bicycle Seat for Carrier
- Sturdy and lite nontoxic plastic make this baby seat reliable and durable
- Affordable, weather resistant and washable
- Adjustable shoulder straps for better security of your baby with great comfort
- Easy to attach a detach from a bike to another within a second
- You can transfer this bike seat from front frame to back carrier of the bicycle
- Compatible for kids from one year to less than 7 years
- This parent-friendly safety bike seat offers 3 points secured hardness
Around the world, thousands of parents are cycling with their child without any problem. Actually, there is nothing worried about if you ensure the required safety. Bring them to light, give then an unforgettable childhood. It’s the time when they learn when they have curiosity and you are the person who can fulfill their wish.
You may like to see our recent activities…
- How Many Calories Do You Burn While Cycling, Here the Answer!
- 10 Best Bicycle Pumps: Bike Tire Inflators
- Best Budget Mountain Bikes for Mountain Bike Lovers
- Best Bicycle Pedals (Least Expensive) I Top Bike Pedals Review (Flat Platform and Clipless)
- 10 Best Bike Phone Holders I Top 10 Bike Phone Mounts